2014/02/15

Takayama- 1(Takayama Jinya)

Hida-Takayama is a mountainous city in Gifu Prefecture. In the central Chubu region in Japan.
People call "Small Kyoto"... Takayama is a beautiful, small city with living traditional culture.

Access to Takayama is not easy, I mean there is no direct express train from Tokyo.
First we should to go to Nagoya(1 hour 40minutes by Shinkansen Nozomi), and then change to JR limited express to Takayama(2 hours 30minutes).
So, at least 4 hours in a train!
Another option is taking a highway bus.
I should be packed more than 4 hours in a bus...

But it's worth going!

at parking area near takayama.
I took bus to takayama.
snowed mountains in front of me.
I was so nervous to walk on icy ground like her.


Walking on an old town, enjoying delicious Hida- beef, Hida ramen...
Temples and shrines, and we can see snowed 3,000m mountains in the distance.
If I add to that, we can go to Shirakawa-go(UNESCO world heritage site) by bus from Takayama station.

I went travel to Takayama on New Year holidays.
My biggest reason was to see snow.
(I had no idea Tokyo will be hit snowstorm at that time).

So I decided to go.
My plan is taking highway bus.
It was 5 hours 30minutes travel from Shinjuku to Takayama.
The good thing is so cheap. Only 6,500yen for one way.

Well, let me show you pictures I took....

a highway bus to takayama.
it was amazing view at parking area.
I got hot beverage and enjoyed to watch mountains.


miyagawa-river in takayama city.
there is a morning market in riverside.
so many times I crossed bridges in this river
to go to old town, to shrines...


takayama-jinya
the local government office in edo-period.


kitchen
we can see classic tableware!


a cooking stove and a raditional cooking pot for rice(left).


kokubunji-temple and a big gingko tree.
this tree is said more than 1,250 years old.


sakurayama hachimangu shrine near the river.
it was getting dark, and so beautiful in streetlamp.
I took walk from jinya,
takayama is a small town,
so we can go to most of tourists spots by walk.

Do you need more information about Takayama?

Takayama by japan- guide.com





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿