2014/02/18

Takayama- 2(Higashiyama Walking Course)

I had snow everyday when I was in Takayama.
Snow was cleaned up in Town, but piled about 30cm or more in a rural suburb.

I started to walk from morning market in front of Takayama Jinya.
Because next day was New Year, local farmer was selling traditional New Year's ornaments at the market.
From morning market, I walked to "Sanmachi" old town and then went to the ruins of Takayama's former castle in Shiroyama park via the Higashiyama Walking Course.

morning market



sake brewery
sake is one of takayama's local specialities.

It is only 10minutes to Shiroyama park, but to get to the ruins of Takayama's former castle was so difficult.
It started to snow again and snowy stairs was steep.

But it was so beautiful.
Snow covered everything.
I have never seen before.

this path goes to takayama castle


there are signs along the street


I found many temples on walking course.


After lunch, I took local bus to "Hida Folk Village", an open air museum where we can see traditional houses in Hida region.

I walked to a house one by one in snow.

more than 30 houses in the folk village.


a frozen pond in the village


a traditional fireplace"irori" in a rest house.

On New Year's Eve my dinner was famous "Hida-beef".
Most of the restaurants were closed for New Year.
I got list of restaurants which open for New Year's Eve at tourist information of Takayama station,
and booked for dinner.
Restaurants in Takayama close early if they don't have customers.
So I think it's better to make a reservation.

Takayama is a small town, it's so different from Tokyo.

hida-beef "bokubamisoyaki"
tender hida-beef was cooked on a leaf.
It was amazing taste.
Hida Takuma restaurant is 10minutes by walk from JR Takayama station.


Takayama-1(Takayama Jinya)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿