2012/07/20

The Nearest Station From Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

When I checked a train's timetable book, I realized that I have never ridden JR Joban line. So I started to follow the line, how far can I get to by Joban line?

JR Joban line connect Ueno and Sendai(Miyagi Pref.), but Hirono- Haranomachi, Soma- Watari, these 2 part(Fukushima Pref.) have been interrupted since earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

I remember that day. Japan has changed since March 11, 2011. Many people couldn't stop to watch TV news that time.  I felt pain in my heart to watch suffered people on TV news. I wanted to do something for them, but only I could do is, some donation.  I have another reason why I still remember that day. That day is the last day that my father could walk by himself. He had never realized what happen at that time. Even after earthquake, he tried to insist to go to a bank. From one day after earthquake, he had spent time in his bed until May.

So I decided to go. In this time, I watch by myself not on TV. My plan is going to Hirono first, and then to Izumi where Onahama port and Aquamarine Fukushima locate.

I got on the Joban line's train from Ueno station. The northernmost station from Tokyo by Joban line is "Hirono" station, and this station is also the nearest station from Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.

Ueno- Mito takes about 2 hours, Mito- Iwaki takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Iwaki- Hirono takes about 20 minutes.

JR Joban line

to iwaki, fukushima

iwaki station building,
there is a small department store near the station.
next station is "kusano"

a train leave iwaki
only 5 people got off the train at the hirono station.

the train can't leave for kido, next station.
because kido is in the restricted area,
the train just go back to iwaki.

hirono station building.
a taxi was in front of the station.
a resident came to pick up his family by car.
no convenience store,
no cafe, no restaurant.

Residents of Hirono were forced to evacuate following the government designation April 2011.
Hirono town's administarative office was relocated. First to Ono, and then to Iwaki. (The Asahi Shimbun "Hirono town hall reopens for business in Fukushima")

Now people who left the town started to return, but most of residents still difficult to choose to return.

The problem is decontamination. JR Hirono station is still the nearest station from Fukushima nuclear power plant and also restricted area.



it's time to go back,
only 10 minutes stay at Hirono station.

the train left Hirono station and started to go back to Iwaki.

A view from the train was beautiful country scenery, but it was difficult to find people in outside.
It was silence. Silence in the town, silence of the people.
There was a sign that people returned, but still long way to "everyday life".


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿