2014/02/23

Takayama-3 (Hida Furukawa)

It was New Year's Day.

Many stores and restaurants, museums were closed.
People have traditional food at home, some people go back to their hometown to spend a couple days with family.
Some people go to shrines.

I was worried about dinner, I didn't want to miss my first dinner in 2014.... so I made a reservation for dinner at pension where I stayed.
OK, one problem was solved.
But another problem was... where should I go?

I went to the shrine on New Year's Eve.
Museums might not be open for today.
Train? No holidays for train!

I decided to go to Hida Furukawa by local train.

local JR train, takayama honsen.

Hida Furukawa is a small, old town like Takayama.
It is only 16 minutes from Takayama by JR Takayama honsen.
I'm always happy to take a train... especially local train, it's amazing!
I thought it was a nice, small trip.
So, why not?

local people and tourists board together.


a beautiful view from the train.


Hida Furukawa staiton was covered by snow!


the weather was not bad, but it could change occasionally.


I saw a several breweries and liquor stores


these ball shaped ornaments are the sign of brewery.
it's common in takayama.
and this funny faced animal is a tanuki(japanese raccoon dog) statue


takayama local beer, local apple juice....


these are takayama local sake.. you can't miss it!
some liquor stores and souvenir shops offer tasting,
so you can find your favorite sake.


lunch at soba restaurant "sobasyo-nakaya"
I was so lucky to find this restaurant.
so delicious!


shinsyuji temple
this temple stands near river.
people goes to temple on new year's eve.
it was so quiet.


I walked around from hida takayama station.
snow, mountains, and snow...



miyagawa river.


do you remember this robot?
studio ghibli's animation "castle in the sky"

Hida Furukawa by japan-guide.com

Takayama-1 (Takayama Jinya)
Takayama-2 (Higashiyama Walikng Course)




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿