2012/06/24

Enoshima Island- 2

Generally Japanese go to a shrine at New Year,  in kind of celebration, or when he or she has a particular wish. Health, money, marriage, examination, and so on.

But, it's also common just for visiting. Because shrines usually have tranquil and peaceful precinct where people can relax and meditate what's in their mind.

Enoshima shrine is composed 3 shrines. Because shrines are dedicated to 3-sisters goddesses.

You can go up the stairs to the shrines, or you can take escalator(750yen, go up only, includes entrance fee for the light house).

red torii, this is gateway to the shinto shrine.
we will enter the sacred area through this gate.

purify yourself when you pass this symbolic rope gate.

fortunes are tied.

small path on the top of island.
there are guest houses, restaurants, shops and cafes.

enoshima beer is selling at this cafe.

finally, I found hydrangeas.

the light house "enoshima sea candle".
this uniquely designed light house was built in 2002.

what do you think?
my opinion, this light house is like a space shuttle!

because of the weather, we couldn't allow to use stairs inside of the light house.
elevator is available.

a view from the light house.
I could see the bridge where I walked from mainland.
I wish I had a good weather!
well, it's still amazing, even weather was not what I expected....

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿